What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you register with us for marketing purposes, contact us or place an order for products or services. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback and complete testimonials or case studies. Website usage information is collected using cookies.
- We may collect the following information:
- Name, job title and company name
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Website usage data which may include IP addresses, email addresses, and information completed on contact forms
- Email usage data such as email opens and links clicked
- Other information relevant to client enquiries
- Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys
We do not ordinarily collect or use data of sensitive personal nature.
How do we use information about you?
We may use your information to:
- Keep you updated with information that may be of interest, such as industry news, company updates, promotions, events and special offers.
- Request your views or comments on the services we provide
- Handle your account or any enquiries with us
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us
- Let you know about changes to our services
- Handle a job application or contract
We regularly review how long we retain your personal details. We will only hold your personal information on our systems as long as necessary, or according to the details established in any contract you have with us.
We will only use your information for the purpose we told you when you provided it. For instance, if you submit a helpdesk request, we will only contact you to service that request – your information would not then be used for marketing purposes without express consent.
The legal basis we rely on to process your information will be dependent upon the individual case in which it is collected and / or used. These categories, as laid out in GDPR, are as follows:
- Where you have provided your consent for us to use your data in the way we have specified, i.e. sending newsletters
- Where we need to process your information to carry out a legal obligation
- Where necessary to carry out our contractual obligations with you
- Where we have a legitimate reason to process your information, when reasonable and not intrusive. However, we will never use you information if our interests are superseded by the impact on you.
You can always change your mind and preferences or opt-out at any time according to the details in the “Right to Withdraw Consent” section below.
Who has access to your information?
We will never give or sell your details to third parties, and will not share your information for marketing purposes or with outside companies except when necessary to carry out operational functions (as detailed below).
We may at times pass your details to a third party who works on our behalf to provide services to you.
Third-party data processors we work with:
Campaign Monitor may also track information regarding your email activity, such as opens and clicks to improve our services and quality, for example, we may view statistics about open rates to decide what day and time is best to send our newsletter campaigns. Just as you have the right to change your preferences or unsubscribe at any time, you also have the right to withhold or withdraw consent to email activity tracking by Campaign Monitor at any point in time. Please email email@example.com or click the “Preferences” link at the bottom of any marketing email.
We may collect personal information from you whenever you submit a ticket through our support centre or helpdesk. We will only use this information as needed to respond to your request. Some of this information may leave the EEA if required to provide sufficient support from our providers and / or partners. We will never require you to provide to us, nor will we share, any information beyond what is necessary to fulfil your request.
In addition to the above, we also have a duty to disclose your personal information to comply with legal regulations or to protect the rights of other customers or users. We will always take every step available to protect your privacy.
Access to your information and correction
We want to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times. If you need to correct any details we hold about you (i.e. phone number), please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or using the details at the bottom of this page. You can also request a copy of some or all of the personal information we hold about you. We may make a small charge for this service.
We also regularly review the data we hold to ensure it is accurate. We may at times contact you to verify your details for this purpose.
Right to withdraw consent
In cases where you have provided consent to the collection, processing and / or transfer of your personal information, you can withdraw that consent either in totality or for specific purposes at any time. You can withdraw consent by contacting us at email@example.com. Alternatively, you will always be given the opportunity to edit your preferences or unsubscribe with any marketing email we send to you. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn consent, we will stop processing your information in line with your requests, except in cases where we have another legitimate justification for doing so (in accordance with the law and regulations).
How to contact us
By email – firstname.lastname@example.org
By written correspondence –
Data Installation & Supplies, Ltd
Unit 29, Moorland Ind Est
Law St, Cleckheaton